Australia Streamlines Medical Product Advisory Committees
Australia’s Therapeutic Goods Administration streamlined its advisory committees for medical products following a review of the country’s regulatory framework for medical devices and drugs.
The authority has reduced the number of advisory committees — which provide independent advice used in making regulatory decisions — from 11 to seven.
Those committees are:
- The Advisory Committee on Medical Devices;
- The Advisory Committee on Medicines;
- The Advisory Committee on Vaccines;
- The Advisory Committee on Biologicals;
- The Advisory Committee on Complementary Medicines; and
- The Advisory Committees on Medicines Scheduling and Chemicals Scheduling. — Jeff Kinney