International Drug & Device Recalls - Webinar CD/Transcript
International Drug & Device Recalls
Like it or not — despite the complicated process you have to go through to receive regulatory approval — product recalls are a reality, in the U.S. and in every other country where your product is sold.
Recalls continue to dominate headlines year after year. While there is a push for countries to harmonize their standards, this is one area where there are still dramatic disparities between regulatory agencies.
Those unprepared will see millions siphoned from their bottom lines — spent on everything from damage control advertisements to public relations experts — with countless man-hours wasted on spin control instead of new product development.
Join Recall Strategist Chris Harvey as he breaks down the finer points of preparedness for a drug or device recall — at home or around the world.
The topics to be covered include:
- Recall Landscape: Understand current recall metrics and trends.
- Understand reporting requirements and the agencies that govern product safety.
- Gain insight into how to prepare your company to manage a Global recall.
- The who, what, why, and when of a recall plan
- Global Mock Recalls Execution
- Examine the steps involved in executing a global recall
- Hear best practices for streamlining the global recall process while protecting your bottom line and ensuring patient safety
- Examine how social media has been utilized during a product recall
- Discover frequent pitfalls and ways to overcome them
- Review a few case studies of well managed and poorly managed recalls