Real World Evidence and Data – Webinar Recording/Transcript
Real World Evidence and Data: A Tufts Study of 30 Pharma Companies
Real world evidence (RWE) is making its way into your world.
Some bold drugmakers are finding ways to take business advantage of the opportunities RWE offers, while others hang back, worried about risks and unforeseen consequences.
The Tufts Center for the Study of Drug Development (CSDD) investigated how the industry is using real world data (RWD) and RWE. The study of 30 biopharmaceutical companies includes current and planned used of RWD, operational issues and return on investment and performance areas impacted by RWE.
Based on their knowledge, and using several recent case studies, Dr. Mary Jo Lamberti — associate director of sponsored research at the CSDD — and Francis Kendall — senior director at Cytel — will share valuable information on:
- Types of technology used to access or collect RWD and evidence and partnerships that support usage
- Significant challenges to using RWD as well as strategies and practices that impact return on investment or performance
- The key drivers for change and the adoption of RWE
- The potential of RWE and how it may be used across the clinical development pipeline
- A view on what will happen next in the RWE domain
Understand the critical factors you need to consider in using RWE and gain insight into the current and planned uses of RWE to support development and post-approval safety studies.