Real World Evidence and Data – Webinar Recording/Transcript
Real World Evidence and Data: A Tufts Study of 30 Pharma Companies
Want to attend the live webinar on Jan. 23? Click here to register.
Real world evidence (RWE) is making its way into your world.
Some bold drugmakers are finding ways to take business advantage of the opportunities RWE offers, while others hang back, worried about risks and unforeseen consequences.
The Tufts Center for the Study of Drug Development (CSDD) investigated how the industry is using real world data (RWD) and RWE. The study of 30 biopharmaceutical companies includes current and planned used of RWD, operational issues and return on investment and performance areas impacted by RWE.
Based on their knowledge, and using several recent case studies, Dr. Mary Jo Lamberti — associate director of sponsored research at the CSDD — and Francis Kendall — senior director at Cytel — will share valuable information on:
- Types of technology used to access or collect RWD and evidence and partnerships that support usage
- Significant challenges to using RWD as well as strategies and practices that impact return on investment or performance
- The key drivers for change and the adoption of RWE
- The potential of RWE and how it may be used across the clinical development pipeline
- A view on what will happen next in the RWE domain
Understand the critical factors you need to consider in using RWE and gain insight into the current and planned uses of RWE to support development and post-approval safety studies.
Meet Your Presenters:
Mary Jo Lamberti, PhD is a professor at Tufts University and is associate director of sponsored research at the Tufts Center for the Study of Drug Development (CSDD) at Tufts University School of Medicine. She has extensive experience conducting research on pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry practices and trends affecting contract research organizations and investigative sites. Ms. Lamberti has been a speaker at industry conferences and has published articles in trade and peer-reviewed journals. She holds a B.A. from Wellesley College and a Ph.D. in psychology from Boston University.
Francis Kendall is Senior Director at Cytel where he manages FSP teams and is an instrumental player in Cytel’s Real-World Analytics team. He has been working in the pharmaceutical industry for 30 years leading biometrics, statistics and statistical programming teams. Mr. Kendall previously worked for Roche, Novartis, Pfizer, Sandoz and Nycomed. He is formally educated in applied statistics and has an MBA. Mr. Kendall is driven by the potential of RWE data and all things digital and has a deep knowledge of the potential of the opportunities offered by big data, and in particular health data.
Who Will Benefit?
- Data management/analytics professionals
- HEOR professionals
- Clinical research personnel
- Medical affairs personnel
- Statistics/biostatics professionals
- R&D personnel
- Marketing/post-marketing professionals
- Data science professionals