Advertising & Promotion Hot Topics in Today’s FDA and FTC Landscape - Webinar Recording/ Transcript
Advertising & Promotion Hot Topics in Today’s FDA and FTC Landscape: Do’s, Don’ts and Real-World Examples
Drug and device advertising, marketing and promotion has come a long way from 30-second TV spots. These days the cutting edge is social media, product placement, engaging influencers, reality TV, pop-up shops and more.
Things you ought to be aware of. Things you may want to do yourself. Things that could get you in trouble with the FDA, FTC and other agencies if you make missteps.
Having trouble keeping up? So are your competitors. So are the regulators themselves. But not Washington lawyers Gillian M. Russell Esq. and Heather Bañuelos Esq. of King & Spalding’s FDA and Life Sciences practice.
Mark your calendar for Thursday, June 7, when Ms. Russell and Ms. Bañuelos share the virtual stage of an FDAnews webinar that aims to bring you up to speed on regulatory trends present and future at the FDA, FTC and elsewhere. You’ll discover:
- Significant updates to FDA enforcement of pharmaceutical and medical device promotion, including key focus areas and emerging trends
- Practical lessons from FDA’s renewed focus on direct-to-consumer TV ads, including how elements such as music selection, pacing and distracting visuals can result in an enforcement letter
- Risk disclosure: Getting this FDA priority area right in product promotion, especially when launching a social media campaign
- Insightful predictions on future FDA hot topics based on ongoing First Amendment initiatives and newly announced research by the Office of Prescription Drug Promotion
- Valuable advice on the nuanced implications of FTC’s increasing focus on transparency as it bears on novel promotional strategies such as use of influencers, spokespersons, patient bloggers and native advertising
- Real world examples of unique promotional strategies along with key legal, regulatory, and compliance considerations
- And much more!
Of course you need to advertise, market and promote your products. Of course you ought to explore promising, unconventional methods that promise fat purses in a fast-changing era. Just make sure to take all appropriate precautions. That means knowing the state of regulation at the FDA, FTC and elsewhere, now and down the road. Order today.