How to Deploy Root Cause & CAPA to Minimize Human Error – Webinar Recording/Transcript
How to Deploy Root Cause & CAPA to Minimize Human Error
Want to attend the live webinar on March 27? Click here to register.
Many variables, from procedures, to training to workplace environment, affect human behavior. You need to understand human behavior and the psychology of error in order to implement a process dedicated to investigating and fixing human errors.
Human Error Solutions’ CEO, Ginette Collazo, Ph.D., an industrial-organizational psychologist and one of the world’s few human error reduction experts, will discuss error categories, near root causes and root causes — along with the latest trends in human error issues.
She’ll present practical approaches and models to address human performance issues in good manufacturing practice (GMP) related environments by using a methodology to correct, prevent and avoid reoccurrence.
- Determine when human error is a causal factor of quality and compliance issues, as established in GMPs
- Gain better control over human error by incorporating human factors in our process, procedures and systems
- Understand the types of human error, including intentional and unintentional errors of omission and commission
- Measure human error rates by using the root cause determination tool, and cognitive load tool
- Track human error and determine trends in quality and compliance by root cause coding structure
- Make predictions regarding human error by diagnostic studies and root cause determination tool coding
- Determine CAPA effectiveness by event reoccurrence and root cause recurrence
While human error may never be eliminated completely, you will come away with an understanding of the psychology of error and how to incorporate root cause and CAPA to minimize human error.
Meet Your Presenter
Ginette Collazo, Ph.D. is an industrial-organizational psychologist with 20 years of experience. She focuses on Engineering Psychology and Human Reliability, disciplines that study the interaction between human behavior and productivity, and has become one of the world’s few Human Error Reduction Experts. Dr. Collazo has led many training and human reliability programs in the pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturing industries. Nine years ago, she established Human Error Solutions (HES), a Florida-based boutique consulting firm. With Dr. Collazo as CEO, HES developed a unique methodology for human error investigations, cause determination, CAPA development and effectiveness that has been implemented and proven among different industries globally. This scientific method has been applied in critical quality situations and workplace accidents. She wrote the book Human Error: Root Cause Determination Model, published in 2008. Dr. Collazo is also a speaker at significant events, including: Interphex, FDAnews Annual Conference, Global Conference on Process Safety, International Conference on Applied Human Factors and Ergonomics, Pharmaceutical Industry Association and GMP International Conference.
Who Will Benefit
- Training managers and coordinators
- Plant engineering
- QA/QC staff
- Process excellence/improvement professionals
- Industrial/process engineers
- Compliance officers
- Regulatory/legislative affairs professionals
- General/corporate counsel