Drug Pricing and Reimbursement – Webinar Recording/Transcript
Drug Pricing and Reimbursement: Navigating the Changes, Anticipating the Future
“With today’s historic action, we are fundamentally changing the nature of the healthcare marketplace.”
– HHS Secretary Alex Azar, on President Trump’s June 2019 executive order requiring healthcare providers to tell patients their out-of-pocket costs prior to receiving services
The drug pricing and reimbursement landscape is changing dramatically. The June 24, 2019 executive order… the May 2019 final rule requiring drug pricing in television ads… recent DOJ enforcement actions… CMS rules for Medicare Part D and drug pricing bills working through Congressional committees.
Healthcare providers are now required to:
- Tell patients their out-of-pocket costs prior to receiving services
- Disclose to patients the prices they and insurers will pay in an easy-to-read, accessible format
Understanding the current policies — and proposed changes — and how to apply them to product development and commercialization plans will greatly impact the success of your products.
Fortunately, nationally recognized FDA regulatory and life sciences attorney Bethany Hills-Grois, a partner with Morrison & Foerster, is here to help with this presentation.
- How drug pricing policies may impact labeling and promotional activity, such as TV ads
- Practical tips on product data development to align with drug pricing policies
- The drug pricing and reimbursement framework, including the roles FDA, CMS and private parties play
- Drug pricing proposals being considered in Congress… and which ones are likely to pass before the November elections
Understand the new drug pricing/reimbursement changes, the issues you need to watch and the practical applications within your organization.