Simplifying Global Compliance
Device Documentation: A Guide to Managing Four Critical Production Files
|Quantity Discounts||1 - 2|
|3 - 4|
|5 - 6|
|7 - 9|
|10 - 9999|
A Guide to Managing Four Critical Production Files
The FDA’s Quality System Regulation requires devicemakers to develop and maintain four files of information related to design, production and overall quality system.
The Device History File, Device Master Record and Device History Record all apply to individual devices. Devicemakers must have these files for every product they manufacture.
The Quality System Record provides information on a devicemaker’s manufacturing operations as a whole, rather than on specific devices.
You need to understand how these files differ and how they fit together, including:
- Which phase of development and production generates each file
- What information should be included in each file
- Which files should be device-specific
- How to handle special cases, such as Class I devices, specification developers and UDI requirements
These four types of files create an intricate web of documentation critical to producing quality products and complying with FDA and international regulations.
With Device Documentation: A Guide to Managing Four Critical Production Files you will learn about:
- The required elements in the Device Master Record (DMR)
- The source of the Device Master Record
- The required elements in the Device History Record (DHR)
- The linkage between the DMR and the DHR
- The relationship between the Device History File (DHF), DMR, and DHR
- The role of the Quality System Record (QSR) and ensuring you have one
- The effect of UDI on these required records
- The changes in ISO 13485:2016 related to these records
BONUS: You’ll receive a checklist for developing the files to make sure you are fully compliant.
Order Device Documentation for a detailed guide that will help you understand each element and their relationships with each other, as well as guidance on how to develop the files.
PDF Edition — $177
Who Will Benefit
- Quality Managers
- Quality Engineers
- Regulatory Managers
- Design & Development Managers
- Design Engineers
- Production Managers
- Manufacturing engineers
Save money with a license agreement allowing significant numbers of users access to an electronic version of this book. For multi-user access to multiple titles, FDAnews offers the FDAnews Online Library — a personalized collection of FDAnews publications that is fully searchable. Contact Customer Service for a quote or more information.
Not satisfied with your publication? For the PDF version, you must notify FDAnews within 24 hours of receipt of purchase and we will refund 100 percent of your purchase price.
Copyright ©2019. All Rights Reserved.
Design, CMS, Hosting & Web Development :: ePublishing