Cybersecurity & Privacy Risks for Medical Device Companies – Webinar Recording/Transcript
Cybersecurity & Privacy Risks for Medical Device Companies: The Impact of Digital Transformation
Cybersecurity issues are public health issues: Are your devices and processes at risk?
- Why senior management needs to learn how to manage cybersecurity as an enterprise risk management issue… including the Chief Security Officer, the Chief Risk Officer, the Chief Privacy Officer and others in the C-Suite
- How changes in the interpretation of HIPAA around information security and privacy are affecting daily responsibilities (quality, regulatory and other professionals)
- Why you should be concerned about Congress’s focus on creating a new privacy law and why the creation of the new NIST Privacy Framework will impact you
- How DHS cybersecurity programs can help you and your colleagues succeed with a better understanding of the cybersecurity threat and what nation states, non-state actors and others are trying to achieve by attacking medical device companies
- How to define and analyze DHS programs that can provide legal and regulatory “safe harbor” regarding cyber risk
You’ll come away with a clear understanding of how to manage cyber risk and the new definition of privacy risk in the health sector. You’ll gain knowledge of how regulators, policymakers and elected officials view cyber risk. You’ll understand how the current administration is implementing its national cybersecurity plans and the new Information and Communications Technology Executive Order impacting the health sector.